Following completion of our induction process including our staff presentation outlining the CLS customer service offering, standards of required behavior and service delivery in a classroom environment all CLS operatives undergo a practical training session on moving equipment, building office furniture and installing IT equipment within our office premises.
Not everyone will have an aptitude in these areas but will come away from the session with a practical understanding of these tasks. Everyone then undergoes a practical manual handling training session in local warehouse premises where our trainer demonstrates the use of handling and lifting equipment. Each operative is then required to demonstrate an ability to do the basics ensuring that their safety and that of those working around them is clearly understood and observed.
This training session covers all of the basics:
- Factors affecting safety – PPE requirements, Assessing a load
- Lifting and carrying safely using proper techniques
- Placing a load on handling equipment securely and safely
- When mechanical lifting is required
- Work above head height and protecting the body from strains or injury
- Moving equipment safely
- Loading a vehicle and tail-lifts
- When to request assistance
- Working at height – equipment required and safety harnesses
- Legislation covering manual work
- Assessing risks based on individual capability